Join us on Thursday, May 21 2020 and mark the ninth Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD). The purpose of GAAD is to get everyone talking, thinking and learning about digital (web, software, mobile, etc.) access/inclusion and people with different disabilities.
The target audience of GAAD is the design, development, usability, and related communities who build, shape, fund and influence technology and its use. While people may be interested in the topic of making technology accessible and usable by persons with disabilities, the reality is that they often do not know how or where to start. Awareness comes first. Read the blog post by Joe Devon that inspired GAAD.
Learn more about
- How this all got started
- Public events that you are invited to attend
- Other activities taking place to mark the day
Whether you participate in an organized activity with others or not, join us and take an hour out of your day to experience digital accessibility first-hand.
- E-mail us at globala11yawarenessday at gmail.com.
- Show support for this effort by Liking our Facebook page.
- Follow gbla11yday on Twitter and tweet using the #gaad hashtag.